- The EuroGenTest project has devised a series of leaflets in a range of European languages, and which explain several key aspects of genetics and testing.
- If you wish to find out more about genetic counselling available to you, EuroGenTest has carried out a detailed study of these services across 38 different European countries.
- If there are any terms that you're unfamiliar with when reading the information on medical genetics here, then the EuroGenTest genetic glossary may be able to help.
- Genetic Testing: What It Means For Your Health and Your Family's Health
A two-page version of the brochure produced by the Trans-NIH Genetics Working Group for the Public
- More information about the pros and cons of genetic testing can be found on the Human Genome Project website. Read also for what diseases gene tests are available.
- The Roche Genetics Education Program is an interactive program developed to promote basic awareness of genetics in the general public. It offers an interactive tool to learn basic principles of genetics.
The program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to Genetics
- Finding Genes Associated with Disease
- Genetics of common complex disorders
- Ethical, Legal and Social Issues