- An interactive patient education tutorial on clinical trials is available at the National Library of Medicine's MedLine Plus Website
- National Library of Medicine's Medline Plus Web site provides additional basic information about clinical trials.
- Participating in Clinical Trials: General information about research trials that use human subjects, and links to clinical trials databases at the US Food and Drug Administration.
- ClinicalTrials.gov is a registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world. ClinicalTrials.gov gives you information about a trial's purpose, who may participate, locations, and phone numbers for more details. This information should be used in conjunction with advice from health care professionals.
- The UK Clinical Research Collaboration offers a clear website on getting involved in clinical research. A growing number of researchers and organisations involved in clinical research are looking for patients and members of the public to get involved in their work. The links on the website will take you to the websites of UK organisations that have an interest in active patient and public involvement in research.
- If you are thinking about getting involved or you have already decided that you would like to, there is a website, People in Research, which can help you make contact with organisations that want to actively involve people in shaping clinical research.